The Eberlestock J79 Skycrane II Modular Pack System is a modular load bearing system consisting of three primary bags: the basic J79 pack, the pull-out G1 Little Brother pack and a removable fanny/courier pack. These components comprise the basic system, with a volume of 4,475 cubic inches.
The Skycrane II is a modular, scalable pack system. It is a truly innovative approach to pack design, and it is very effective. Sorry to say it, but there have been other vague attempts at this concept, and they usually have ended up not working very well and weighing 20 pounds. The Skycrane II, however, is a very nice high performance backpack. It is built around a 2,300 cubic inch internal frame pack that employs the patented Cam Expansion system and that weights only 6.5 lbs. The basic pack, unlike most pack frames, has some essential storage capacity, so you will always have hydration and survival gear storage, no matter which way you configure the system. Its unique design allows it to perform exceptionally well in a variety of configurations. It is reducible all the way down to a fanny pack, and scalable all the way up to a full-scale 8,375 cubic inch freighter that can tackle anything from an M4 to the M107 Barrett to a boat motor. The system has a variety of gear compartments and storage spaces that are designed for flexibility, ease of operation and accessibility. It has the rugged, field-proven construction that has been impressing operators around the world. And above all, it is designed for comfort, to ride well day after day and to increase the agility of those who are lucky enough to have at the heart of their mission-essential gear.
- 1000D/500D/420D CORDURA Nylon
- Multiple options for carrying weapons
- Seven-point hydration stowage
- Four-way compression strap system
- Hydration compatible pull-of fanny/courier pack
- Embedded and removable Little Brother 3-day pack
- PALS/MOLLE padlock webbing on all key surfaces
- Fully adjustable high-ventilation Int-Ex frame system
- FlexChassis supports load-bay and externally mounted gear
- COMBINED SYSTEM VOLUME: 4,475 cu.in. (73 liters)
- EXPANDED SYSTEM VOLUME: 8,375 cu.in. (137 liters)
COLORS: Coyote Brown, Dry Earth, Military Green or MULTICAM