The Map Tools Improved Military Style UTM/MGRS Tool is an improved version of the Graphic Training Aid 5-2-12 Coordinate Scale and Protractor used by United States and NATO military forces around the world. By using a slot on one side of the tool for access to the map, the tool can be more compact than the traditional GTA tool. The tool features several additional map scales, including 1:24,000, which is the most common topographic map scale found within the United States. The 1:100,000 scale now spans 5km grid lines, making it much more usable. Plus, the overall dimensions of the tool have been reduced so that it is the size of a music CD, easily fitting into a pocket or any slot where you could store a CD.
Bands of white ink have been added to the two compass roses. This makes reading the compass rose easier and also keeps the tool from "disappearing" when you place it on the map.
- Printed on 30 mil Plastic stock with protective coating
- Approximately the thickness and stiffness of a credit card
- 33% thicker than the standard military issue version, so it’s less likely to be bent or broken when you need it
- Rounded corners keep if from wearing holes in your pockets
- Includes 1:24,000 scale for USGS 7.5 minute topographic maps
- Larger 1:50,000 and 1:100,000 scale rulers for maps with wider grid spacing
- It’s the size of a music CD, so it tucks away in more storage spaces
- Internal cutouts are shown with a red outline
- Map image in the background is present sot that the white ink is visible
- NOTE: Map image is not printed on the tool; map shown to demonstrate white ink bands
- Compass Rose in both degrees and mils
- 1:24,000 x 1km
- 1:25,000 x 1km/1:250,000 x 10km
- 1:50,000 x 2km/1:500,000 x 20km
- 1:10,000 x 500m/1:100,000 x 5km
- DIMENSIONS: 4.5" x 4.5"
- Made in the USA