Immediate Action Rapid Deployment (IARD) tactics have recently been developed, and are gaining popularity due to the increasing amounts of suicidal attacks occurring in public areas. IARD dictates that the first arriving armed law enforcement responder(s) establish close physical contact with the armed invader as quickly as possible. It requires the swift deployment of trained and equipped law enforcement officers directly into situations where life is threatened, and where delays could result in death or bodily harm to innocents. An armed intervention at the beginning of the crisis event is preferable than allowing the predator(s) time to establish control of the environment and continue their murderous plan. The Baker PatrolBat Ballistic Composite provides instant, portable ballistic coverage by exiting your vehicle when you do. It also fits nicely on the front seat right beside you so you can deploy it in a moments notice.
- Proprietary Aramid Reinforced Composite (ARC) ballistic material
- IIIA protection in accordance with NIJ Std 0108.01
- Can be easily carried and stored folded compactly, and instantly deployed full sized when needed
- Wearable on back for stand-down mode or officer rescue
- Allows user the ability to accurately fire and transition between handgun and long-gun, using both hands on weapon and shield support system
- Fully deployed, the PatrolBat provides approximately 5.2 sq/ft of multi-curved ballistic protection that protects the user from greater angled threats much more effectively than larger shields that must be squarely aligned with hostile threats to assure vital area coverage
- Portable and foldable, PatrolBat employs three independent curved hard and durable composite armor panels
- Reinforced edges
- Armor panels attached and shock-mounted via nylon webbing and elastic straps
- Includes weapon stabilization guide, hand support strap and nylon web lanyard (with adjust & quick-release) for attaching to user's duty belt)
- Includes hook-and-loop name plate
- Made in the USA
SPECIFY: Police or Sheriff
NOTE: IARD tactics should only be used by law enforcement agencies that have established clear policies and that have provided personnel with initial and recurring training. Importantly, personnel must have modern portable ballistic shields, which enable the officer to accurately aim handgun, or long-gun while safely positioned behind the ballistic shield.
View Video Here
This item requires identification verification to ensure this restricted item is only sold to the appropriate personnel.
To complete the verification process after ordering:
1. Please make a photocopy of your credentials:
For Military: a copy of your military ID.
For Law Enforcement: a copy of your badge and ID on
department or company letterhead.
2. Please include your order number.
Weight: 12.5 lbs.