The new Flux modular tool system is another creative design by Launce Barber and Tom Stokes as a part of the I.D. Works tool family. It is a lightweight, high-tech system designed for people with active outdoor lifestyles.
This exciting new system was named the 2009 Most Innovative Imported Design at the Blade Show in Atlanta, Georgia, when it was first displayed in May of 2009.
At the core of the Flux system is the lightweight aluminum carabiner chassis which allows tools to be quickly selected, attached and clipped on clothing and gear. Two chassis are available; one with dual rails which will hold any two Flux tools, and one with a single rail which provides a carabiner for any single Flux tool. Note: Flux carabiners are non-weight-bearing and must not be used as a climbing aid.
Using the Flux system, the lightweight tools are easy to select and carry for any activity. Just pick and click the tool you need.
- Flux Flash Drive
- Just press the button on the Flash Drive holder and the 2 GB Micro SD USB Flash Drive flips out for instant use
- Small storage compartment in the handle which will hold extra memory cards
- Flux Driver
- Functions as a standard screwdriver and as a T-handle driver, depending on where the bit extension adapter is placed
- Includes three hex bits - one Phillips, two flat
- Hex bits have small ball detents to hold them securely in the driver handle until needed
- Small LED work light near the tip to light the work space
- Includes dual carabiner chassis
BLADE/TOOL COLOR: Stainless Steel
HANDLE COLOR: Black
View Video Here
Weight: 0.6 lbs.