The Garrett PD 6500i Walk-Through Metal Detector is the world's highest walk-through metal detector and leads the industry with unmatched discrimination, superior pinpoint technology and sensitivity features. The PD 6500i is designed for maximum patron throughout without compromising safety. The PD 6500i is the walk-through of choice for security professionals worldwide.
The modular design of the PD 6500i allows for a quick and simple assembly of its four sub-assemblies using eight screws and three internal electrical connections. The PD 6500i offers exclusive multiple target pinpointing with 33 distinct zones for full target coverage on the left, center and right side of the body from head to toe. Efficient traffic flow with easy-to-view, eye-level pacing lights with international wait and proceed symbols on the entrance side of each panel. Alarm lights, LED bar graphs and control touchpad plus all wiring, connections and electronics are integrated into a single lockable overhead compartment which eliminates exposure of wires and external control box. The exclusive multi-dimensional coil design of the PD 6500i provides unmatched detection of potentially lethal items such as guns, knives and other flat and rod-shaped weapons regardless of location and orientation. Audible alarm and Visial LED lights signal a target had been detected.
The PD 6500i's Access Control Panel is designed for use by certified personnel with specific, multi-level security codes. It allows certified users to change settings such as detection Program and Sensitivity. Security of the detector's settings is upheld with a non-resettable sequence code, which pinpoints every attempt at access to the settings. A tamper alarm sounds with 10 seconds after the Access Touchpad is pressed, unless a proper access code is entered.
The PD 6500i continues all settings even when disconnected from power and does not require recalibration each time the unit is turned OFF and back ON. No battery is required for memory retention. While the unit is in operation, a self-test of all systems is operated continuously with any failures of problems promptly reported on the LCD display.
- Attractive scratch and mar-resistant laminate
- Heavy-duty Aluminum detection heads and support
- The ultimate in safety, reliability and throughout with preset programs to cover the most complete range of security applications including the new Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) Enhanced Metal Detector (EMD) System required for all post 9-11 U.S. airport installations
- Circuitry with advanced Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technology locates even small, hard-to-find, floor level weapons
- Durable, IP 55 weather-proof construction
- Superior target detection with unmatched discrimination of harmless items such as keys, cigarette packs, coins, jewelry, etc.
- Multi-dimensional coil design (33 distinct pinpoint zones) provides superior detection and location of knives, guns and other flat and rod-shaped weapons regardless or orientation
- Individual zone boost adjustments allow for customization of detection characteristics and/or compensation for metallic environmental challenges
- Weatherproofing/Foreign Object Protection Standards: Meets IP 55, IEC Standard
- Degrees of Protection provided by Enclosures: IEC 529
- Tamper-Proof: All settings are secured with a key lock and two levels of access codes
- Further security is accomplished with a cabinet lock which prevents unauthorized access to physical cables, connectors and electronics
- Traffic Counter: Counter tracks the number of patrons that have passed through the detector, the number of alarms and calculates alarm percentage
- Dual Detection: By scanning from both sides, the PD 6500i provides superior detection, uniformity and performance
- Programs: Sixteen (16) independent programs designed to meet all installation-specific requirements including the new Enhanced Metal Detector (EMD) requirements for U.S. airports
- Target Pinpointing Lights: Thirty-three (33) distinct zones are displayed with two (2) independent columns of LEDs located on exit side
- Synchronization: Dual channels and DSP circuitry allow several PD 6500is to operate simultaneously in close proximity to one another
- Alarms: Audible tone and volume adjustable, bright LED visual alarm
- Pacing Lights: International symbols
- Interference Suppression: Special Garrett DSP built-in circuitry eliminates effects from x-ray monitors and other potential electrical interference sources
- 2 Year Limited Parts and Labor Manufacturer Warranty
- POWER: Fully automatic 100 to 240 VAC, 50 or 60 Hertz, 5 watts, no rewiring, switching or adjustments required
- POWER SUPPLY: Meets UL, CSA, TUV and VDE standards
- CONTROL OUTPUTS: Solid state switches (low AC or DC) for operating external alarms and control devices
- OPERATING TEMPERATURES: -4ºF (-20ºC) to +158ºF (+70ºC)
- HUMIDITY: To 95% non-condensing
- PASS THROUGH DIMENSIONS: 30.00" x 80.00" x 23.00"
- EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS: 35.00" x 87.00" x 23.00"
- WEIGHT: 143 lbs.
Weight: 115 lbs.