The IFAK (Improved First Aid Kit) will be issued to every Soldier via the Soldier as a System (SaaS) Rapid Fielding Initiative (RFI). Weighing only one pound, the IFAK consists of six expendable medical items packaged inside of a modified MOLLE 100-round SAW ammo pouch.
The IFAK increases individual Soldier capabilities to provide Self-Aid/Buddy-Aid and provides interventions for two leading causes of death on the battlefield, severe hemorrhage and inadequate airway. These capabilities increase Soldier survivability during dispersed operations and the expandable pouch allows for METT-C specific "add-ins". The IFAK is included as a component of the RFI fielding schedule and will address all deployed and deploying units.
- 1 - SOFTM Tactical Tourniquet (NSN: 6515-01-530-7015)
- 1 - Elastic Bandage Kit (NSN: 6510-01-492-2275)
- 1 - GA4-½" 100's Bandage (NSN: 6510-01-503-2117)
- 1 - 1 Surg 2" 6's Adhesive Tape (NSN: 6510-00-926-8883)
- 1 - Nasopharyngeal, 28Fr, 12s Airway (NSN: 6515-01-518-8852)
- 1 - 4 Patient Exam 100's Gloves (NSN: 6515-01-521-7508)
- Made in the USA
Weight: 0.94 lbs.