The Garmin GPSMAP 62 handheld navigator features a 2.6 In. sunlight-readable 65K color screen that supports BirdsEye Satellite imagery (Subscription Required) and Custom Maps. Rugged and waterproof, the GPSMAP 62 features a quad helix antenna for unparalleled reception and sleek new design.
The GSPMAP 62 comes with a built-in worldwide basemap with a shaded relief, so you can navigate anywhere with ease. With photo navigation, you can download pictures from Garmin Connect Photos and navigate to them.
With its quad helix antenna and high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, the GPSMAP 62 locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons. The advantage is clear - whether you are in deep woods or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on GSPMAP 62 to help you find your way when you need it the most.
Adding more maps is easy with Garmin's wide array of detailed topographic, marine and road maps. With 1.7 GB of onboard memory, you can conveniently download 24K and 100K TOPO mops and hit the trail, download BlueChart g2 for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads. The GPSMAP 62 also supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (Subscription Required), that lets you download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps. In addition, the 62 is compatible with Custom Maps, free software that transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your device.
You have been busy exploring and now you want to store and analyze your activities. With a simple connection to your computer and to the internet, you can get a detailed analysis of your activities and send tracks to your outdoor device using Garmin Connect. This one-stop site offers an activity table and allows you to view your activities on a map using Google Earth. Explore other routes uploaded by millions of Garmin Connect users and share your experiences on Twitter and Facebook. Getting started is easy, so get out there, explore and share.
The GPSMAP 62 supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. By going paperless, you are not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency. The GPSMAP 62 stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs. Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches. Slim and lightweight, the 62 is the perfect companion for all your outdoor pursuits.
- UNITE DIMENSIONS: 2.40" x 6.30" 1.40" (6.1cm x 16.0cm x 3.6cm)
- DISPLAY SIZE: 1.43" x 2.15" (3.6cm x 5.5cm); 2.60" diag (6.6cm)
- DISPLAY TYPE: Transflective, 65K color TFT
- WEIGHT: 9.2 oz. (260.1g) w/batteries
- BATTERY: Two AA batteries (Not Included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- BATTERY LIFE: 20 hours
- WATERPROOF: Yes (IPX7)
- FLOATS: No
- HIGH-SENSITIVITY RECEIVER: Yes
- INTERFACE: USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- BASEMAP: Yes
- ABILITY TO ADD MAPS: Yes
- BUILT-IN MEMORY: 1.7 GB
- ACCEPTS DATA CARDS: No
- WAYPOINTS/FAVORITES/LOCATIONS: 2,000
- ROUTES: 200
- TRACK LOG: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- AUTOMATIC ROUTING (TURN BY TURN ROUTING ON ROADS): Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- ELECTRONIC COMPASS: No
- TOUCHSCREEN: No
- BAROMETRIC ALTIMETER: No
- CAMERA: No
- GEOCACHING FRIENDLY: Yes (paperless)
- CUSTOM MAPS COMPATIBLE: Yes
- PHOTO NAVIGATION (NAVIGATE TO GEOTAGGED PHOTOS): Yes
- OUTDOOR GPS GAMES: No
- HUNT/FISH CALENDAR: Yes
- SUN AND MOON INFORMATION: Yes
- TIDE TABLES: Yes
- AREA CALCULATION: Yes
- CUSTOM POIs (ABILITY TO ADD ADDITIONAL POINTS OF INTERESTS): Yes
- UNIT-TO-UNIT TRANSFER (SHARES DATA WIRELESSLY WITH SIMILAR UNITS: No
- PICTURE VIEWER: No
- GARMIN CONNECT™ COMPATIBLE (ONLINE COMMUNITY WHERE YOU ANALYZE, CATEGORIZE AND SHARE DATA): Yes
- Includes Wrist Strap, USB Cable and Manual
Weight: 0.5 lbs.