The Garmin eTrex 20 takes one of the most popular and reliable GPS handhelds and makes it better. Redesigned ergonomics, an easier-to-use interface, paperless geocaching and expanded mapping capabilities add up to serious improvements for an already legendary GPS handheld. The eTrex 20 is versatile. It's tough. And it's built to handle whatever Mother Nature can dish out - and more.
The eTrex 20 has an enhanced 2.2 inch 65K color, sunlight readable display. Durable and waterproof, the eTrex 20 is built to withstand the elements. It has an upgraded interface yet retains it legendary toughness to withstand the elements - be it dust, dirt, humidity or water, none of which are a match for this storied navigator.
With an array of compatible mounts, the eTrex 20 is designed for use on ATV's, bicycles, in boats, as a handheld or in your car. Use the auto mount capability and City Navigator NT maps for turn-by-turn driving directions, or the rugged mount for your motorcycle or ATV. Wherever you think you might take the eTrex, it has the mapping and mounts to get you there.
The new eTrex series is the first-ever consumer-grade receivers that can track both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously. GLONASS is a system developed by the Russian Federation that will be fully operational in 2012. When using GLONASS satellites, the time it takes for the receiver to "lock on" to a position is (on average) approximately 20 percent faster than using GPS. And when using both GPS and GLONASS, the receiver has the ability to lock on to 24 more satellites than using GPS alone.
With its microSD card slot and 1.7 GB of internal memory, the eTrex 20 lets you load TOPO 25K maps and hit the trail, plug in BlueChart g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads. The eTrex 20 also supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required), that lets you download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps.
With its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, eTrex locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
The eTrex 20 supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. Visit OpenCaching.com to start your geocaching adventure. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency. The eTrex 20 stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs. Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches.
Take charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp, software to view and organize yours maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. This free trip-planning software displays topographic map data in 2D or 3D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription as will as geotag photos, or associate them with specific waypoints.
- Stores data in universally accepted GPX file format so its compatible with a variety of PC applications; best when used with Garmin's free trip planning sofware, BaseCamp
- Includes a worldwide basemap, improved interface and added support for spine mounting
- Withstands the elements - be it dust, dirt, humidity or water
- Locates your GPS position quickly and precisely and maintains it even in heavy cover and deep canyons
- Mounts easily in ATVs, boats, bicycles or cars (NOTE: Compatible mounts SOLS SEPARATELY)
- First consumer-grad GPS receiver that tracks both GPS and Russian Federation GLONASS satellites simultaneously
- Profiles allow eTrex to quickly switch into different configurations that you create, so when you're done geocaching and you need to drive home, your eTrex won't miss a beat
- Dashboards allow you to avoid switching between applications and display more information by customizing them with an altimeter, compass, configurable data fields and more
- Advanced tracking features allows users to see high and low elevation points or store waypoints along a track (start, finish and high/low altitude) to estimate time and distance between points
- MicroSD card slot and large internal memory lets you load a variety of maps, including TOPO 24K, BlueChart g2, City Navigator NT and BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (Subscription Required)
- USB Cable and Manual Included
- DISPLAY SIZE: 1.40" x 1.70" (3.5cm x 4.4cm); 2.20" Diagonal (5.6cm)
- DISPLAY RESOLUTION: 176 x 220 pixels
- DISPLAY TYPE: Transflective, 65K color TFT
- WATERPROOF: Yes (IPX7)
- FLOATS: No
- HIGH-SENSITIVITY RECEIVER: Yes
- INTERFACE: USB
- BASEMAP: Yes
- PRELOADED MAPS: No
- ABILITY TO ADD MAPS: Yes
- BUILT-IN MEMORY: 1.7 GB
- ACCEPTS DATA CARDS: microSD card (Not Included)
- WAYPOINTS/FAVORITES/LOCATIONS: 2,000
- ROUTES: 200
- TRACK LOG: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- AUTOMATIC ROUTING (TURN BY TURN ROUTING ON ROADS): Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- ELECTRONIC COMPASS: No
- TOUCHSCREEN: No
- BAROMETRIC ALTIMETER: No
- CAMERA: No
- GEOCACHING FRIENDLY: Yes (Paperless)
- CUSTOM MAPS COMPATIBLE: Yes
- PHOTO NAVIGATION (NAVIGATE TO GEOTAGGED PHOTOS): Yes
- OUTDOOR GPS GAMES: No
- HUNT/FISH CALENDAR: Yes
- SUN AND MOON INFORMATION: Yes
- TIDE TABLES: Yes
- AREA CALCULATION: Yes
- CUSTOM POIs (ABILITY TO ADD ADDITIONAL POINTS OF INTEREST): Yes
- UNIT-TO-UNIT TRANSFER (SHARES DATA WIRELESSLY WITH SIMILAR UNITS): No
- PICTURE VIEWER: No
- GARMIN CONNECT COMPATIBLE (ONLINE COMMUNITY WHERE YOU ANALYZE, CATEGORIZE AND SHARE DATA): Yes
- BATTERY: Two AA batteries (NOT INCLUDED); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- BATTERY LIFE: 25 hours
- UNITE DIMENSIONS: 2.10" x 4.00" x 1.30" (5.4cm x 10.3cm x 3.3cm)
- WEIGHT: 5.0 oz. (141.7g) w/batteries