For AR15/M16 type rifles, optical sights provide superior performance at longer ranges, but iron sights can be more effective for close-range engagements. However, attaching an optical sight either prevents the use of iron sights or result in a setup that produces a front sight shadow on the optical image, and/or results in problematic transitions from optical to backup iron sights. Not anymore. SureFire Rapid Transition Sights (RTS) provide shooters with the quickest possible transition between longer- and closer-range target acquisition, greatly increasing their efficiency and effectiveness in battle and competition.
Designed by Barry Dueck, Director of SureFire's Suppressor Division and a top 3-Gun shooter, these sights mount directly to a weapon's Picatinny rail, offset from center by approximately 45º. This unique offset position makes transitioning from optical to iron sights simply a matter of quickly canting the weapon with your wrists and locking on to the target. There is no removing a hand from the weapon or making a manual adjustment, and not cluttered field of vision or iron sights blocking the optical sight. Just smooth, quick transitions that could mean the difference between winning or losing a competition, or more importantly - a gunfight.
- Machined from lightweight, extremely durable 7075 Aluminum, MIL-SPEC hard anodized
- Same height above bore as standard-issue M4/M16A4 sights
- 1/2 MOA elevation and windage adjustments
- Ambidextrous sights easily and securely mount to Picatinny rails using a flathead screwdriver
- Low-profile sights extend ony 0.20" above top rail, does not interfere with primary optics or military IR illuminator/laser sight
- Both Front and Rear Sights Included
- REAR SIGHT WEIGHT: 3 oz. (85g)
- FRONT SIGHT WEIGHT: 1.5 oz. (44g)
- Made in the USA
View Video Here
Weight: 0.3 lbs.