Approved and issued by the U.S. Army as part of the FREE layering system, the Massif Element Army FREE Intermediate Weather Outer Layer (IWOL) Jacket provides flame-resistant weather protection for a wide variety of cold and wet weather scenarios without sacrificing comfort or performance. The Massif Elements Jacket has been field tested and proven by troops in some of the world's harshest environments. The three-layer fabric construction features an abrasion-resistant exterior, a windproof, waterproof, breathable membrane, and a soft fleece interior. The membrane keeps rain out, but allows moisture vapor to escape when you are working up a sweat. Four-way stretch ensures your Elements™ jacket moves with you every step of the way.
- TEAM SOLDIER CERTIFIED GEAR What's This?
- Durable water resistant (DWR) exterior
- Windproof, waterproof and breathable membrane that will not trap moisture
- Lightweight soft interior
- Passes stringent ASTM F2303-03 performance specifications for flame resistance
- Exceeds flame and heat resistance performance requirements specified in the Radiant Protective Performance, Flame Resistance, and Heat and Thermal Shrinkage Resistance tests contained in the NFPA 1977-2005 protective clothing standard
- Fleece-lined collar for warmth and protection
- Zippered chest pocket for stowing documents
- Zippered sleeve cargo pocket accessible while wearing body armor
- Two flapped double pen pockets within easy reach
- Two zippered hand-warmer pockets for comfort
- Flame-resistant waist drawcord for warmth
- Sand cuffs for extra flame protection and comfort
- VELCRO loop for name, rank, flag and unit tape
- Pass-through flap for CVC extraction strap
- Made in the USA
Weight: 4 lbs.