50 ft. Diamond Braid Nylon Cord
Diamond braid (or maypole braid) nylon cord provides the same strength as solid braid but is somewhat less expensive because the braiding costs are less. It can be used for the same purposes as solid braid type where the very smooth surface of solid braid is not required. Diamond braid holds a knot well.
Diamond Braid Nylon Cord can be used for Venetian blind cord, shade cord, starter cord, awning cord, canopy lacing, fish stringers, mooring lines, tent lines, tarpaulin tie down lines and many other general utility purposes that require a strong and long lasting cord.
- #6 Diamond Braid Nylon Cord
- Yellows at 300ºF, Melts at 480ºF
- Melts before burning, forms hard beads, celery odor
- Age does not affect properties of cord
- NOTE: Will lose strength after prolonged exposure to sunlight
- Good resistance to acids, NOTE: Will dissolve in sulfuric acids
- Inert in alkalis
- Resistant to organic solvents, soluble in phenolic and formic acid
- Resistant to moths and mildew
- BREAKING TENACITY (Grams per denier): 5.7 to 9.5 gpd
- STRETCH ELONGATION AT BREAK POINT (%): 15% to 28%
- ELASTIC RECOVERY (%): 99 at 5%, 89 at 8%
- SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 1.14
- MOISTURE ABSORBENCY: 4.2% to 8.0%
- LENGTH: 50'
- DIAMETER: 3/16" (4.76mm)
- NOTE: Safe working loads for all cordage is 8% to 20% of listed tensile strength
- Made in the USA
COLOR: Olive Drab