Model Comparison Chart
EP3 Sonic Defenders protect your hearing without interfering with your ability to hear routine sounds or conversations. Their double-flanged-stem design fits most people and provides a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24dB. Sounds, at safe levels, are allowed to pass through into the ear canal, while potentially harmful noises (above 85dB) are reduced via a proprietary design that incorporates a special noise-reducing filter. EP3s include attached filter caps, which can be inserted for additional protection and blocking out lower-level noise, like that heard on a plane, where hearing ambient sounds or conversations isn't critical. Right/left color-coded Sonic Defenders are made from a soft but durable, hypoallergenic polymer that provides all-day comfort and an extended product life (up to 6+ months, depending on usage and care). Their patented EarLock retention rings lock the earplugs in place, while soft, adjustable double-flanged stems provide secure seals in the ear canals. A low-profile design means EP3s can be worn while wearing a helmet or mask, or while using a phone or headset.
Comfortable EP3 Sonic Defenders also serve as earpieces for SureFire Hearing Protection and other compatible radio communication systems* simply by removing the noise-reducing filter and attaching the earpiece to the system. NOTE: EP3 earpiece will not provide hearing protection if the noise-reducing filter is removed.
EP3s are available in small (S), medium (M), and large (L). Proper size is based on the dimensions of your ear's concha bowl. Size "medium" fits most people; however, to ensure the best possible fit, review the earpiece sizing chart below. For those with larger (in diameter) ear canals, the three-flange stem of our EP4 Sonic Defenders may provide a better fit than the EP3's two-flange stem. For best fit, click on the Sizing Chart link below.
- Made from hypoallergenic, medical-grade polymer that's soft, durable and long-lasting
- 24dB Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) with filter caps inserted
- Lowers potentially dangerous noise levels above 85dB
- Hear safe sound levels (with filter caps out) as if you weren't wearing ear plugs
- Patented EarLock retention rings utilize seven contact points to lock earpieces in place and fit the same way every time; soft, double-flanged stems provides secure seals and all-day comfort
- Low-profile design allows you to keep them in place while wearing a mask, helmet, hat or while using a phone, headphones or supplemental hearing muffs
- Serve as earpieces for compatible* radio communication systems
- Includes 26" polymer lanyard
- 25 pairs - color coded left/right set
SureFire EPS Sizing Chart
PDF (108 KB)
Download Chart »
* RADIO COMM SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY: Thales: Covert Security Harness; Harris: Security Force Communication Set;
Motorola: Surveillance Kits; Tactical Command Industries: Tactical Earpiece Products; Peltor: Lightweight Systems-Hearplug;
Silynx: C4Ops Headset