Propper A-TACS AU Ripstop ACU Trouser
The Propper A-TACS AU Ripstop ACU Trouser represents a radical step forward in the science of concealment technology. The patented A-TACS AU process replaces digital square pixels with small organically shaped pixels, removing all 90 degree angles to create a more natural appearance. Additionally, the organic pixels are segmented into larger groupings organized withing the pattern, creating a unique pattern within a pattern concept that enables A-TACS AU to conceal the operator more effectively at greater distances than previously possible. The pattern also features a greater range of inter-mingled natural colors for enhanced concealment. The base color is a neutral tan, designed to blend effortlessly in open, rocky or arid environment.
A-TACS AU was developed by Digital Concealment (DCS) to answer the call for better and more effective camouflage system integration for duty personnel in any service branch form military to law enforcement. A-TACS AU is designed as a universal pattern for a wide range of operational environments with additional supporting color and design variants to follow.
Many of the modern digital camouflage patterns currently in use by the tactical community have flaws. The square pixels used to create the distortion effect do not replicate the shapes, forms and shadows of the environment they are deployed in, especially when viewed through optics. The ninety-degree angles and limited use of natural colors can in many cases, make detection easier.
Additionally, the visual noise in these same patterns tends to make close-up into a solid color, producing a blobbing effect when viewed from a distance. A-TACS AU addresses and improves these critical issues in three ways.
1. - Replace unnatural square pixels with organic pixels. Utilizing a patented process to to create a palette of natural colors digitally sampled from real world elements in carefully controlled lighting. The pattern is then created using a mathematical algorithm that writes organically shaped pixels using the specific color information given. The resulting pattern while still digital, is far more organic in appearance.
2. - Use small patterns to create larger more distinct shapes designed to work at a distance. Small shapes create larger shapes and larger shapes are organized into a distinct pattern with no horizontal or vertical orientation. This unique pattern within a pattern concept allows A-TACS AU to effectively break the human outline at great distances thereby, minimizing the blobbing effect of other patterns when viewed from a distance.
3. - More effective use of color-range produces a better concealment system. A-TACS AU is created using a far greater range of inter-mingled natural colors than was previously possible. The overall base color for the cast is a neutral tan which is designed for use in open, rocky or arid environments.
Furthermore, the abstract and intricate nature of this pattern gives it a unique fingerprint which is not only adaptable to various service branches, but also makes it difficult to copy.
- 65% Polyester/35% Cotton Ripstop fabric for maximum durability
- MIL-SPEC sewing
- Knee pockets for padded inserts
- Draw string leg cuff
- Forward-tilted cargo pockets
- Bellowed calf storage pocket on both legs
SIZES: S-L (Short)
COLOR: A-TACS AU