- Suunto Ambit Watch/GPS
You could call it a watch, but that hardly seems fair. Altitude, navigation, speed, heart rate, weather conditions - it is all at your fingertips. Personalize your device, selecting just what you need to get the most out of your next adventure. The Suunto Ambit Watch/GPS - conquering new territory with the world's first GPS for explorers.
Durability and precision are the essence of the Suunto Ambit. Advanced features suit both on and off season activities for the hardcore explorer.
Suunto introduces a new, patent pending technology for speed readings called FusedSpeed. The speed indication is a unique combination of GPS and acceleration sensor readings. The GPS signal is adaptively filtered based on acceleration, giving a more accurate reading at steady speeds and a quicker response to changes in speed.
Peak Training Effect
To better reflect the meaning of the Training Effect measurement, Suunto has renamed the measurement to Peak Training Effect (PTE). PTE indicates the impact of a training session on your maximum aerobic performance and is most accurate with medium and high intensity training. The measurement is relative to your current fitness level. The fitter you are, the harder you have to work to reach a higher PTE.
Recovery Time (On Heart Rate Monitor Model ONLY)
Recovery Time is an estimate of how long your body needs to recuperate after training. The time is based on the duration and intensity of the session, as well as the overall fatigue, accumulating even at lower intensities. Recovery Time accumulates from one session to the next if you train again before the time has expired.
Settings and other information can be transferred from Movescount.comto Suunto Ambit and vice-versa. In addition, Suunto Ambit software can be upgraded through Movescount.com so you can get all the latest features and performance enhancements.
- Glass fiber reinforced Polyamide case
- TPU strap
- Aluminum bezel
- Mineral Crystal Glass
- Full-featured GPS with Waypoint navigation
- Unique 3D compass
- Accurate barometric altitude
- Switch from negative to positive face with the push of a button
- Highly responsive pace and speed (FusedSpeed) with accelerometer integrated GPS
- Accurate vertical speed with barometric altimeter
- Advanced heart rate monitoring with real-time Peak Training Effect and Recovery Time (Heart Rate Monitor SOLD SEPARATELY)
- Online sports diary with planning & analysis tools in Movescount.com
- Robust BuiltToLast casing
- Enhanced battery lifetime:
- 50 h with 60 s GPS tracking interval (hiking)
- 15 h with 1 s GPS tracking interval (running)
- 30 days with the ABC functionality - Water resistant to 100 m/330 ft (ISO 2281)
- Upgradeable with new functionality through Movescount.com
- USB Power Cable (Included)
- ALTITUDE RANGE RESOLUTION: -500m - 9,000m / 1,640 ft. - 29,528 ft.
- VERTICAL SPEED: 1m / 3 ft.
- TOTAL ASCENT/DESCENT: Yes
- ALTITUDE GRAPH: Yes
- ALTI/BARO SELECTION: Yes
- SEA LEVEL PRESSURE: Yes
- SEA LEVEL PRESSURE RANGE: 950 hPa - 1,060 hPa / 28.34 inHgHg
- RESOLUTION: 1 hPa / 0.03 inHg
- PRESSURE GRAPH: Yes
- TEMPERATURE: Yes
- RESOLUTION: 1??
- HEADING: Yes
- NORTH INDICATOR: Yes
- DECLINATION SETTING: Yes
- TILT COMPENSATION: Yes
- USER CALIBRATION: Yes
- Chrono: Yes
- LOCATION: Yes
- SPEED AND DISTANCE: Yes
- COORDINATE SYSTEMS: Lat-Lon, UTM, MGRS
- WAYPOINTS: Yes
- NAVIGATION: To Waypoint
- POWER SAVE MODES: Yes
- WATCH FUNCTIONS
- 12/24 HOUR: Yes
- CALENDAR: Yes
- DUAL TIME: Yes
- DAILY ALARM: Yes
- ALARM SNOOZE: Yes
- DATA TRANSFER w/USB CABLE: Yes
- SETTINGS IN MOVESCOUNT: Yes
- CUSTOMIZABLE SPORT MODES IN MOVESCOUNT: Yes
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: Yes
- BATTERY LIFETIME: 15 hrs. to 50 hrs. or more
- WATER RESISTANCE: 100m (ISO 2281)
- SUUNTO POD COMPATIBILITY: Bike POD, Cadence POD
- RECORDING INTERVALS: 1 s, 10 s
- METRIC/IMPERIAL UNITS: Yes
- BACK LIGHT: Yes
- BUTTON LOCK: Yes
- DISPLAY SWITCH: Yes
- SOFTWARE UPGRADES: Yes
- CASE DIAMETER: 50mm
- CASE THICKNESS: 18.2mm
- WEIGHT: 78.0g
NOTE: This item is NON-RETURNABLE