Tactical response team members and military personnel have two main issues integrating body armor with their uniform. First, main uniform pockets become covered and unavailable. Second, heavy body armor combined with a uniform top and a base layer create an unbearably hot environment. The Combat Shirt concept improves the design of the tactical uniform by reclaiming cargo pockets and placing them on the sleeves in a more practical arrangement, reducing weight by eliminating excess uniform material and need for separate base layer and creating a comfortable, durable and naturally thermal resistant body that also wicks moisture.
It's A Uniform - the full function sleeves are based on the extremely popular TRU uniform and available in two high performance fabric options. Both are tough, durable and field tested to ensure dependable service under the most challenging conditions. Sweating the details, Tru-Spec also added underarm gussets for increased motion and a padded, abrasion-resistant elbow patch for durability. The sleeve layout is improved with a zippered storage pocket and pads for insignia (ACUPAT ONLY) as well as hook-and-loop cuff closures. Special care was taken to reduce chaffing and other irritations; the mock turtleneck keeps body armor from rubbing against the neck area while seams fall off the shoulders to reduce pinching.
It's A Base Layer - The body of the Tru-Spec Tactical Response Uniform (TRU) Combat Shirt is made from Cordura brand Baselayer. This 60/40 cotton/nylon miracle blend insulates the body when exposed to high temperatures and will not drip or melt onto the skin like polyester. Cordura Baselayer fabric is also incredibly breathable, wicking away moisture 2.5 times faster than 100% cotton, plus it dries quickly. Even though the fabric is soft, lightweight and comfortable, Cordura adds tough-as-nails durability needed to minimize tears and other abrasions.
- ACUPAT/Foliage and MULTICAM/Sand: 50/50 Nyco Cordura rip-stop sleeves with 60/40 Cotton Nylon Cordura brand Baselayer; Both are considered No Melt, No Drip
- Black/Black, Khaki/Khaki, Navy/Navy and Olive Drab/Olive Drab: 65/35 Polyester Cotton rip-stop sleeves with 60/40 Cotton Nylon Cordura brand Baselayer; Only body is considered No Melt, No Drip
- Lightweight and breathable
- No shoulder seams to minimize rubbing and chaffing
- Mock turtle neck
- Zippered sleeve storage pockets
- Anti-abrasion padded elbow patch
- Gusseted sleeves
- Glint tape holder for IR tape
- Hook-and-loop squares on right sleeve pocket for attaching name, rank and flag (ACUPAT)
- 4.00" x 6.00" hook-and-loop square on left sleeve pocket (Black, Digital Desert Camo, Digital Woodland Camo, Khaki, Navy, Olive Drab, MULTICAM & Subdued Digital Urban Camo)
- Hook-and-loop cuff closures
SIZES: S-2XL, Regular or Long
COLORS : ACUPAT/Foliage, Black/Black, Digital Desert Camo/Sand, Digital Woodland Camo/Olive Drab, Khaki/Khaki, MULTICAM/Sand, Navy/Navy, Olive Drab/Olive Drab or Subdued Digital Urban Camo/Black
Customers Also Viewed