Tru-Spec Tactical Response Uniform (TRU) Shirt
The Tru-Spec Tactical Response Uniform (TRU) Shirt is based on the Army Combat Uniform (ACU) with improvements geared for tactical teams. Tru-Spec took feedback from soldiers on the drawbacks of the ACU and sought to improve them. Common stress points like elbow and shirt pockets are reinforced with extra stitching and bartacks. Hook and loop fabric that also see heavy use have extra stitching as well. An added benefit of the TRU is the availability of solid color choices for Law Enforcement teams!
- 65/35 Poly/Cotton Ripstop fabric (Black, Digital Desert Camo, Digital Urban Camo, Digital Woodland Camo, Khaki and Midnight Navy)
- 50/50 Nylon/Cotton Ripstop fabric (3-Color Desert Camo, MULTICAM and Woodland Camo
- GSA Compliant
- Zigzag stitched YKK Powerhook closure Mandarin collar can be worn up or down to protect neck and keep out debris and reduces chafe from body armor vests
- YKK Powerhook closure faced shoulder pockets for patches and skill tabs
- Zippered and YKK Powerhook closure front placket for smooth uniform appearance
- Reinforced internal elbow pockets for elbow pads inserts with easy access external YKK Powerhook closure openings
- 2 slanted chest pockets with YKK Powerhook closures for easy access
- Bi-swing back
- Pen/pencil stalls on sleeve
- Includes 3 pieces of YKK Powerhook closures that can be sewn on if needed for nametapes
COLORS: 3-Color Desert Camo, Black, Digital Desert Camo, Digital Urban Camo, Digital Woodland Camo, Khaki, Midnight Navy, MULTICAM or Woodland Camo
Posted by Zachary
This is a very excellent product. I have the urban and woodland digital patterns. They are much more comfortable than the regular fatigue jacket. The only complaints I have are having to sew on the velcro for the name tapes and rank and on my woodland digital is had brown velcro instead of olive green like it should.
Posted by John
They stole the acu, and offered real comoflage patterns. Note: some would (justifiably) argue that the old bdu's were more durable, and broke in better (i have used both) the ACU top had a problem with the collar lying flat, and it is hotter (in the summer) then the bdu's. Great product, but if you're coming from the BDU world, you may have one or two disappointments
Posted by Lucas
This is a great jacket! It is everything described. I own a offical issue ACU jacket and it is spot on with the features. I ordered the marpat pattern and it feels heavier then the offical issue. The only problem I see is with sewing on the rank velcro 'cause of the zipper. I would recommend this coat to friends.
Posted by Robert
Sadly, this uniform is manufactured far better than my issue ACUs are! Impressive.
Posted by Grant
Nice generous cut, new pocket placement is nice. Overall a great product that had exceeded my expectations.
Pretty Good But The Velcro
Posted by Louis
These were pretty sweet but the velcro on everything wasn't good. If you wore these in the field, and open a pocket the enemy will know exactly where you are. Not to menchin it's annoying.Overall it's a great product.
Posted by Paul
This shirt far exceeded my expectations for a BDU style shirt. Very well thought out, extremely functional, and built to last! This is the only brand and style of shirt I will be wearing anymore!
Posted by Joseph
I give it a 4 because I don't like velcro and they really should just keep the 2 lower pockets and add the shoulder ones but other than that it is really good. Will we see some marpat or tigerstripe in the future?
Posted by David
I really like these uniforms. Comfortable and easy to move around in. I bet they will be a big seller with tac teams. Much nicer than the old BDU tops.
Posted by Brandon
Awesome, it's about time. Just got mine in. Just so everyone knows, the velcro is on the sleeves on the pockets. The velcro for name strips/rank is not. They do send it in a little bag for the end user to put on. Forget the rank velcro though, it doesn't look like you could have it sewn on due to the zipper on the backside. Otherwise, should be a great uniform.
Customers Also Viewed