The Phoenix JR. 123 IR Marker Beacon is an extremely rugged and low cost infrared marker beacon. The Phoenix JR. 123 beacon was primarily designed as an individual Combat Identification Marker employed to minimize fratricide (the inadvertent destruction of battlefield assets by friendly forces). It can also be used as a vehicle ID marker, drop zone indicator and perimeter marker. Designed with the same functionality as the Phoenix JR., it has been equipped with a spring clip for easy attachment to belts, straps, clothing and equipment. Designed to use a CR123 battery, the JR123 is 50% smaller and lighter than the Phoenix JR. When not in use, the CR123 battery can be stored within the unit by installing the battery upside down.
Phoenix JR. and the war on terrorism. Since its introduction in 1984, the Phoenix JR. (Firefly) beacon has become the world standard for covert signaling and electronic combat identification of military, law enforcement, SWAT and homeland security assets. It has been utilized by American and coalition forces for combat identification in theaters of operation such as Kosovo, Bosnia, Somalia, Afghanistan and Iraq. These beacons have multiple uses in combat and other operations for marking personnel, vehicles, pathways and locations. They incorporate a flash rate that was specified to prevent confusion with small arms fire.
- FLASH REPEAT CYCLE: 1.3 Seconds (fixed)
- FLASH DURATION: 20 Milliseconds (fixed)
- CONFIGURATION: 3 Light Emitting Diodes (LED)
- COVERAGE: 240 degrees x 360 degrees
- ENVIRONMENTAL: Water-Resistant/Temp. -30ºC to 50ºC
- BATTERY: One CR123 Lithium battery
- SWITCH ON: Install battery with correct polarity
- SWITCH OFF: Remove battery
- BATTERY STORAGE: Install with reverse polarity
- DIMENSIONS: 2.18" x 0.84" x 0.70" (55mm x 21mm x 18mm)
- WEIGHT: 0.35 oz. (w/o battery)/10g
- Made in the USA
SPECIFY: IR, Red Training Model or NV Green Training Model
COLOR: Olive Drab